What Are the Best Apps for Startups?
Starting a business is an exciting journey, full of challenges and opportunities. One of the biggest challenges can be keeping your business organized. Between scheduling meetings, managing finances, finding leads, and creating a marketing strategy, the job description for an entrepreneur is long! It may feel overwhelming, but many tools for startups can simplify your day-to-day. With the right apps, you can easily manage all parts of your business, including operations, finances, marketing, and more. Today, we’re sharing our top recommendations for the best apps for startups that will make your life as an entrepreneur a whole lot easier.
How to keep your startup organized with apps
There’s certainly no shortage of apps out there! While it can take time to research and implement these apps, the time and effort are well worth it. Eventually, you’ll have streamlined, efficient processes—and much less on your plate. From managing your money to scheduling meetings to tracking inventory, there is an app that can help you manage every aspect of your business with ease. These tools can help you stay on top of deadlines, manage customer interactions, and make better decisions, allowing you to focus on growing your business.
How to choose the best apps for your specific business
Choosing the best apps for your startup can feel like a big decision, but by keeping these principles in mind, you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect tools to help you stay organized.
First and foremost, it’s important to look for apps that are user-friendly and intuitive. You’ll be using these tools every day, and you want something simple and enjoyable to use. After all, who wants to deal with a complicated app when you have a business to run?
Another factor to consider is the cost. Sure, some apps come with a higher price tag, but they can be a good investment if they fit your business needs and help you save time and effort in the long run. The goal is to be a good steward over your finances, we recommend reviewing the apps alongside your budget or spending plan to avoid draining your available resources. Plus, many apps offer a free trial, so you may be able to test if the app is a good fit for you before committing to a paid plan.
Bonus Tip: Keep a list of all of your software app subscriptions and complete a review at the end of the year to see what you should cancel or renew.
It is also important to focus on what will work for you rather than what’s trending. If you are on social media, you may see videos of the latest viral software but before hitting that buy button, weigh the pros and cons, research the features and consider if it is necessary for YOUR specific business and workflow and if it is within your budget. With the right set of apps, you’ll be able to streamline your business processes and work smarter, not harder. So, take the time to research, test, and choose the best apps for your business.
Most helpful tools for a startup business
Whether you’re looking for apps to help you manage your business operations, keep track of your expenses and revenue, or create a strong online presence, there are a variety of tools available to help you succeed. We’ve organized some of the best apps for startups into three key business areas—business operations, finance, and marketing.
Business Operations Apps
Business Operations apps help you to manage and streamline your workflows. These apps include productivity tools, task management, scheduling, and more. Streamline your business operations with apps like:
- Asana. A collaborative task management app that helps track projects and other tasks. Includes a free trial, free plan, and mobile app. In our Entrepreneurship for Beginners guide, we discuss the importance of managing your time and prioritizing your tasks and responsibilities. A task management app like Asana helps you plan your day to overcome burnout and help you push through procrastination.
- Google Workspace. Google Workspace is the paid business professional version of the free Gmail service that offers a collection of productivity and collaboration apps for businesses of all sizes, including Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Chat, secure cloud storage for important documents, and more. Digitally organizing your important documents is one of the best things you can do for a new startup because it provides you access to your information wherever you are. The platform includes a free trial and mobile apps.
- Google Voice. Set up a company phone number with this virtual phone service that allows users to use one phone number on multiple devices. It is a free service with add-on features you can purchase and has a mobile app.
- 17hats. A customer relationship management (CRM) software designed for small business owners, allowing you to manage customer relationships and automate repetitive tasks such as invoice and contract creation. Includes a free trial and mobile app.
- Zoom. A virtual meeting software to meet with your customers and interact with your audience via webinars and other live-streaming events. Includes a free trial, free plan, and mobile app.
- Calendly. A scheduling automation software that you can connect to your calendar to book meetings with your customers and avoid back-and-forth emails discussing the best time to meet. Includes a free trial, free plan, and mobile app.
- Thinkific. An online course platform that allows businesses to create, market, and sell their online courses, with a free trial, free plan, and mobile app. Share your expertise and scale your impact with Thinkific’s all-in-one platform.
Finance apps make managing your finances more straightforward and provide tools for budgeting, accounting, invoicing, expense tracking, and more. Some finance apps even integrate with your online banking, which allows you to connect and manage business sales all in one place. Simplify your finances with apps like:
- Quickbooks. A bookkeeping platform with various features such as accounting, invoicing, and expense tracking. Quickbooks allows you to analyze your cash flow and make critical decisions on how to spend your business funds. The platform includes a free trial and mobile app.
- Stripe. A payment processing software that allows businesses to accept and process payments online, with a free plan and mobile app.
Marketing apps can help you create content and plan and execute marketing campaigns. There are apps for different marketing needs, such as email marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, and search engine optimization (SEO). Some apps also provide analytics dashboards, which allow you to track the performance of your campaigns and ensure your reaching your marketing goals. Some helpful marketing apps are:
- Canva. An online graphic design tool that allows users to create professional designs and graphics. Includes a free trial, free plan, and mobile app.
- Flodesk. An email marketing and digital product delivery platform that allows users to create email campaigns and automation workflows and set up a sales page for downloadable digital products. Includes a free trial, free plan, and mobile app.
- Shopify. An e-commerce platform that allows you to create and manage an online store, with a free trial and mobile app.
- WordPress. A content management system (CMS) used to build and manage websites, with a free plan and mobile app.
- Siteground. A web hosting company that offers a variety of hosting plans for different types of websites. It doesn’t have a free trial or free plan but does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Google Analytics. A web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic and measures the success of online marketing campaigns. It is a free service with a mobile app available.
- Google Search Console. A free service offered by Google that allows website owners to monitor and maintain their site’s presence in Google search results and understand the keywords users are searching for to find them.
- Google Trends. A free online tool offered by Google that allows you to explore how frequently certain keywords, phrases, or topics have been searched for over time.
- Answer the Public. A keyword research and content ideas tool that helps you discover which questions people ask around a particular subject, with a free trial and free plan.
Building your operations for your back-end admin tasks and customer experience is critical to the success of your business. We can help you build a cohesive system to stay organized and support your customer. Having the right tools is essential for the success of any startup, and we can help you find the right fit. With a carefully curated set of apps, you’ll be well on your way to success! Review business coaching services and schedule a call today to get started!
*Please note that some of the links provided are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to click through and make a purchase.